- As mentioned previously, Charlie Stross asks what the big issues of 2013 will be.
- Bad Astronomy's Phil Plait writes about a magnetar's blast fifty thousand years away that, eight years ago, swamped our solar system with radiation.
- Centauri Dreams' Paul Gilster links to and comments upon a Martin Beech paper examining the history of studies and speculation about Alpha Centauri.
- Daniel Drezner is unimpresed by the Republican Party's lack of learning about foreign policy.
- Lawyers, Guns and Money's bloggers are unimpressed by Naomi Wolf's claims about FBI coordination of anti-Occupy campaigns and started a discussion about which countries give indigenous peoples the right to cross international frontiers at will.
- New APPS Blog gets the importance of the Idle No More movement.
- Eugene Volokh asks his commenters, drawing from a recent custody case involving a Singaporean family, whether Islamic family law should automatically invalid international custody claims.
- Whatever's John Scalzi celebrates the ten-year anniversary of the publication of his novel Old Man's War.
- Window on Eurasia comments upon a recent Russian study demonstrating that the numbers of guest workers in Russia are much smaller than often mooted in the public press.