[BLOG] Some Sunday links
- Anthropology.net reports on the recent discovery in China of two skulls a hundred thousand years old, possible remnants of a hitherto-unknown hominid species.
- blogTO reports on the boom in the Toronto tech community.
- Language Log breaks down the linguistics, specifically word lengths, of audiobooks.
- Lawyers, Guns and Money reports on the difficult position of indigenous peoples in Nicaragua.
- Marginal Revolution reports on the potential health benefits of substances in the blood of the Komodo dragon.
- The NYRB Daily reports on the modernist photography of Berenice Abbott.
- The Planetary Society Blog reports on the adventures of the Mars rovers.
- Supernova Condensate takes a quick look at Jupiter's moon, Io.
- Window on Eurasia looks at a new Russian film that transposes the superhero genre with the Soviet era, and argues that Russia is acting these days not as a constructive power but as a spoiler.