- D-Brief shares rare video of beaked whales on the move.
- Dangerous Minds notes that someone has actually begun selling unauthorized action figures of Trump Administration figures like Bannon and Spencer.
- Language Log looks at a linguistic feature of Emma Watson's quote, her ending it with a preposition.
- Marginal Revolution's Tyler Cowen considers, originally for Bloomberg View, if Trump could be seen as a placebo for what ails America.
- The New APPS Blog takes a Marxist angle on the issue of big data, from the perspective of (among other things) primitive accumulation.
- The Search reports on the phenomenon of the Women's History Month Wikipedia edit-a-thon, aiming to literally increase the representation of notable women on Wikipedia.
- Towleroad notes the six men who will be stars of a new Fire Island reality television show.
- The Volokh Conspiracy finds some merit in Ben Carson's description of American slaves as immigrants.
- Window on Eurasia argues that Belarusians are beginning to mobilize against their government and suggests they are already making headway.
[BLOG] Some Friday links
Centauri Dreams reports on asteroid P/2016 G1, a world that, after splitting, is now showing signs of a cometary tail. The Everyday Sociology…
Two links are being added. To the news section, I'm adding the Canadian news website National Observer, which has interesting longer articles…
Torontoist features, as part of its weekly Immigrants in Toronto feature, an interview with El-Farouk Khaki, an out queer Muslim who is also a…